Self Introduction

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Mon Jul 30 20:00:22 UTC 2012

My name is Samuel Sieb.  I live near Vancouver, Canada.  I'm on IRC on moznet
and freenode with the nick "ssieb".  I started programming around the time I
started high school, beginning with Assembler on an Apple II and working up to
higher level languages after that. :-)  I've been using RedHat/Fedora since
RH5.1 and love the freedom and openness of Linux and the community around it.
I'm married and we have four boys, so my available time is somewhat limited
which has kept me from getting as involved as I would like.

I'm also one of the developers of the ChatZilla IRC client and as the current
maintainer of the package does not have time to keep it updated, I would like to
co-maintain it.  However, he is not able to sponsor me and after reading the
wiki pages, I'm still not sure what the process would be for me to get involved
in this case.  I'm familiar with building RPMs as I have done it many times for
creating and testing patches in various packages, but I haven't directly used
the Fedora build system.  The documentations appears to be clear and useful
though.  I have a FAS account and SSH key setup.  I would appreciate if someone
would let me know what the next step should be or if there is any other
information you would like me to provide.