Fedora remixes and Microsoft's secure booting crapola

Basil Mohamed Gohar basilgohar at librevideo.org
Fri Jun 1 03:52:21 UTC 2012

On 05/31/2012 10:26 PM, Arun SAG wrote:
> I have been reading about secure boot. I understand that we are going
> to pay Microsoft to get our keys signed. Will this change affect
> people creating remixes?  What about kernel modules from third party
> repositories like rpmfusion?  Will it be affected?
Not sure if you were subscribed to the list earlier, but there's a
thread titled, "*countable infinities only" that discusses this exact
point.  The link to the online archives is here:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-May/167605.html

(Note that the first e-mail in that archive somehow got corrupted when
being archived.)

--
Libre Video
http://librevideo.org