*countable infinities only

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jun 1 06:52:20 UTC 2012

On 05/31/2012 05:13 PM, Chris Adams wrote:

> Please don't spread FUD like this.  You are wrong for a couple of
> reasons:
>
> - Secure boot is required to be able to be disabled on x86 (the only
>    platform Fedora will support it).
>
> - Users can generate their own keys, enroll them in the secure boot
>    firmware, and use those keys to sign their kernels.

I am not sure I fully understand the technical part about UEFI so please
make it clear for me: I can generate my own keys, enroll them in the
secure boot firmware and then *continue* using the machine in a *dual
boot* with Windows 8?

The presence on my own boot keys will make Windows 8 unbootable on that
machine or not?