Action required: Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jun 1 15:55:21 UTC 2012

Am 01.06.2012 17:52, schrieb Alexey I. Froloff:
> One good reason is to separate /tmp from /.  When choosing
> between failed sort and failed passwd (or anything else, that
> modifies files in /), both because of "No space left on device"
> error I prefer failed sort and working passwd.

and exatly the opposite happens for systems which
are well designed and have a seperate /tmp because
as side-effect of this feature all osrt of
applications are patched to spit their stuff
to /var/tmp and back to rootfs

does nobody of the feautre owners realize that this
is not smart nor bring any benefit at all?