*countable infinities only

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jun 1 16:26:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 18:13:32 +0200
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> But why are you making this decision in the first place?

What "decision" ?

They explained the issues and problem and came up with what they would
recommend we do. No "decision" has been made.

> This:
> 1. is a technical decision which affects the entirety of Fedora, and
> thus MUST go through a FESCo vote to be implemented, AND
> 2. affects the core values of Fedora, and thus MUST go through a
> Board vote to be implemented.
>
> It is not acceptable that the kernel and GRUB maintainers are trying
> to sneak this in through the backdoor with no mandate whatsoever from
> our governance structure.

I honestly don't know what to say to you here... did you bother to
actually read the post? There's no sneaking, no decision, this is just
bringing the issue up for feedback. There will be a feature for FESCo,
there will be voting, all that stuff. Perhaps someone will come up with
a better solution by then.

Attacking them for this as  "sneak this in through the backdoor" is
insulting.

kevin