*countable infinities only

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 16:38:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-01 at 12:10 -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:

> We include wireless device firmware even though it isn't free. And we
> don't like doing that, but it is the only way to get wireless support
> out of the box in Fedora.

Tiny nit: no, it isn't. We could always write free firmware. This isn't
impossible, as openfwwf shows.

I think the drawing of some kind of comparison between wireless firmware
and secure boot is one of the weaker strands of argument the Pro Faction
is coming up with, to be honest. It seems to entirely ignore our
justification for why non-free firmware is 'okay' - that it's not
executed on the host processor. Last I checked, SecureBoot is.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey