*countable infinities only

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jun 1 17:44:17 UTC 2012

On Jun 1, 2012, at 9:54 AM, drago01 wrote:
> In case enabled secureboot is the only option (i.e we somehow refuse
> to boot with it disabled) then (and only then) you can talk about
> removed freedom otherwise this is just FUD.

It's an assumption there will be an option to disable it. This is up to the firmware implementation, not the spec. Arguably that is a flaw in the ratified spec. But the place for it now is, ironically, in the Windows 8 Logo Program.

You'd still find hardware that does not participate in that program, which then aren't bound to supply hardware allowing the disabling of Secure Boot. Apple will be one such company that falls under this.

Chris Murphy