*countable infinities only

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jun 1 18:20:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 20:08:13 +0200
Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 07:53:36PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > > For all available firmware vendors and models?
> >
> > For the ones that end users are actually likely to have, which
> > aren't that many. There are much fewer BIOS vendors than hardware
> > vendors.
>
>   Documenting the procedure may be viable after all.  Kevin, could
> you start writing such guides on Fedora wiki?

I think documenting this in either case is a great idea, but also is
going to be difficult and prone to "too many ways vendors do things".

Even if we decide to ship f18 with secure boot ability, I think it's
important to have a place to point our users about this and what it
means and how to disable it or replace keys with their own.

kevin