[HEADS-UP] Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 18:33:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 2:28 PM, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat.com> wrote:
>> If they really aren't transient then /tmp is the wrong place for them.
> I will categorically disagree with any argument of the "the user
> shouldn't be doing that" type.  Software exists to serve the user, not
> the other way around.

Your quoting removed the fact that I was responding a statement that
ram was the "wrong place".  I was simply extending the comment. If
you're willing to say that ram is the wrong place for something then
there is nothing user hostile to say tmp is too.

Tmp already gets ruthlessly script deleted. It's really not a good
place to keep things you're planning on keeping for a long time, tmpfs
or no.