*countable infinities only

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jun 1 18:35:22 UTC 2012

On Jun 1, 2012, at 12:19 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:16:45 -0400
> Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net> wrote:
>

>> Windows-8 will install/boot on existing hardware w/o SecureBoot.
>
> My understanding: no.

I think that's untenable. My understanding is simply that the Windows logo/certification program for new hardware requires it be enabled. There's a TON of UEFI hardware floating around that does not conform to UEFI 2.3.1 and do not have Secure Boot. I doubt all of these firmwares must be updated to support Secure Boot for people to migrate to Windows 8.

And also Windows 8 is installable on BIOS hardware too, which totally lacks Secure Boot.

Chris Murphy