[HEADS-UP] Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 19:47:00 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-01 at 15:28 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:

> I think the question here is can someone please point to a page with
> numbers that justify /tmp -> tmpfs be the default for the most common
> cases ?
> laptop / vm with limited RAM.

No, that's the question in the main thread. This subthread is about me
taking exception to DJ's general contention that choices about obscure
bits of system policy like this should be explicitly forced on the user.
I already clearly stated in my first reply to DJ that I'm not arguing in
favour of either default setting. My point is simply that it is correct
to pick a default and go with it, it's a bad design to ask the end user
about this kind of thing during installation.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey