*countable infinities only

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jun 1 19:47:29 UTC 2012

On Jun 1, 2012, at 1:30 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:

> My practical point is that Microsoft chose this particular solution not as the best way to solve the issue of booting
> known-good code but as a way of impacting Linux and it whole concept of software freedoms.

Point declined.

practical |ˈpraktikəl|
adjective
1 of or concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory and ideas

http://blog.foodservicewarehouse.com/files/2012/02/iStockSpilledMilkB.jpg

> I don't think anybody in the Linux community should be supporting this SecureBoot "solution" in any way, shape or form.

OK so you prefer the outcome where a significant majority (who wants to throw out some numbers on logo/certified hardware by percentage of the market 9 months from now?) cannot dual boot Windows 8 and Fedora unless:

a.) The user does a square dance with a pig and a pony under a full moon (i.e. contortions, on their own, following possibly decent documentation on how to set up their own Secure Booting system; or

b.) Disabling Secure Boot entirely for both operating systems.

That outcome is inherently user hostile on both counts.

Chris Murphy