Action required: Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 20:13:43 UTC 2012

On 01/06/12 15:27, Brian Wheeler wrote:
> And how is a random user supposed to know this?

He is not and he doesn't have to know it. I have been using for couple
of years /tmp on tmpfs, just with

tmpfs    /tmp    tmpfs   defaults,nosuid,nodev 0 0

and aside from a situation when I tried to save couple of giga large
move file there (which got my system to an interesting state of system
load 25 before it finally decided that there is not enough space on
/tmp) I have never encounter any issues. Notice how weird requirements
Mirek did on the system.

Best,

Matěj