[HEADS-UP] Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jun 1 16:08:02 UTC 2012

Am 01.06.2012 18:02, schrieb Chris Adams:
> Once upon a time, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> said:
>> thank you for breaking setups of well thought virtual machines
>> on expensive SAN storages with a as small as possible rootfs
>> with a own virtual disk for /tmp with new defaults
>
> If you are mounting a filesystem on /tmp, it'll be in /etc/fstab and
> still work exactly as before (if not, that's a bug and should be treated
> as such).

you did not understand waht i said because you removed the
quote for which my anser was targeted

* packages get "fixed" to use /var/tmp instead /tmp
* so my /tmp on the seperated disk is mostly unused
* i get this craop data back to rootfs

so i have additionally to add a bind-mount using the
same disk vor /var/tmp

it will get funny if now all are starting to patch their
apps to use /var/tmp - the glory /tmp on tmpfs will
mostly not used and the only effect is that many
users/admins as also packagers have a lot of work
for nothing