*countable infinities only

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jun 2 00:24:35 UTC 2012

Michael scherer wrote:
> For the record, UEFI based motherboard would likely have a graphical
> interface, so no blueish DOS-like commandline thing.
> Of course, that also permit endless graphical customisation.
> See for example
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwHKHqBitc
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCfRWrCj3lc
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gDWyayfBNs
> ( time spent to search that on youtube, around 30 seconds )
>
> And there is also variation of the interface per vendor, just look on the
> various ASUS motherboard interfaces.

WTF, graphical firmware?! What happened to the KISS principle? :-(

This also shows that we really need Free PC firmware, it's becoming more and
more of its own operating system.

On the other hand, this should make the firmware less "scary" to users and
make it more viable to require them to make tweaks there.

        Kevin Kofler