*countable infinities only

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 09:32:40 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> drago01 wrote:
>> Because it is *easier* for ordinary users to try and test fedora with
>> it (on new hardware).
>> i.e it increases the reach of free software instead of limiting it
>> (what you and others propose in the name of freedom).
>
> But the software is only actually free once Restricted Boot is disabled.

You can even download the kernel source, study and modify it compile
and resign it and use it just fine with secureboot.
Either by using your own key or by using one from a CA (in this case
MS) for 99$.
Or you don't do the later and just disable secureboot. Your freedom is
in *no way* limited by having secureboot support.

Let me repeat it again supporting secureboot on x86 does *NOT* limit
your freedom.