Easy way of testing packages?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jun 2 16:53:14 UTC 2012

Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus wrote:
> However, I have one question left. Does the yum plugin download the
> package directly from koji or do I have to wait until the package is
> distributed to all mirrors (because the command still mentions the
> updates-testing repo)?

Unfortunately, this also only works once the package is actually pushed to
updates-testing. That's of course because yum still pulls it from updates-
testing (yum cannot pull directly from Koji as the required metadata is not
there), and also because the advisory number is only handed out at that time
(so you cannot actually spell out the command before that point in time).

        Kevin Kofler