*countable infinities only

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Sun Jun 3 00:56:51 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 08:43:41PM -0400, Steve Clark wrote:
> On 06/02/2012 08:20 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> >On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 07:51:52PM -0400, Steve Clark wrote:
> >
> >>Who are these potential users? How many people running windows have you convinced to also
> >>load Linux? I have been using Linux since 0.99 and have not been able to convince any to use Linux.
> >It's possible that this says more about you or the people you meet than
> >anything else.
> >
> So an ad hominem attack as opposed to facts to answer the question - nice.

No, I mean that your anecdote tells you nothing about the population,
only about the people involved. Spend time in Bugzilla or on the forums
and you'll find no shortage of people who have come to Linux from
Windows. If you've never met these people then that just means that you
haven't met them, not that they don't exist.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org