*countable infinities only

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 06:59:48 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 2:14 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 06/03/2012 12:12 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>
>> At the same time I don't want to be obliged to support something I
>> don't want to. There are many more important things to deal with in
>> the distribution than a stupid secure boot feature.
>
> Let's narrow it down.  Can you give a clear and specific example of a
> situation where you believe one of the packages you maintain will be
> affected by this feature?

No. The "I" in the above sentence(s) is not meant to be restricted to
my own self. I tried to use "I" as a placeholder for _any_ packager's
own will. Sorry if this was not clear.

As long as the secure boot is detectable in runtime, the maintainer
("I") will have the choice to support or not support users using or
not using this feature. This is the freedom I was afraid to lose. But
I learned that this is not the case. So no further questions.

Best,
Orcan