3.5.0 kernel problem

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:02:01 UTC 2012

First - If this is the wrong place for this please tell me where.

Rawhide (Fedora 18)

I have never been able to install and configure any of the 3.5.0
kernels. They install but fail to create a initramfs file. Hence they
will not boot.

I have seen two different 'failed' messages. One from today is
"Non-fatel POSTTRANS scriptlet failure in rpm package
kernel-3.5.0-0.rc0.git11.1.fc18.x86_64. I got no initramfs file for this
kernel.

The other 'failed' message, which I unfortunately did not write down,
was a failure to
'find modules' that showed the path to where they expected to find these
modules. I got no initramfs file for these kernels either.

In all cases I did not get an initramfs. In all cases these kernels will
not boot.
--

  David