Update ImageMagick in Fedora 16

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Sun Jun 3 18:57:01 UTC 2012

Pavel,

On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 20:21 +0400, Pavel Alexeev wrote:

> It is main reason why I request provenpackager rights. In fedora 17 it
> was so painful because I several times asks build dependencies and
> then ask help to push updates too.
> I think in that turn now I can do all that myself, so it should be
> smoother.
>
> As there around 6 security issues, I think update upstream release is
> easiest, and furthermore robust way handle it.

I've seen you didn't listen to Tomáš's or Kalev's advice on not bumping
the ImageMagick's soname in a stable release.

Furthermore, you didn't give any warning to the maintainers of the
dependent packages (except for the message on this list).
In my opinion, being a provenpackager is no excuse for not doing that.
Please, use the packagename-owner at fedoraproject.org addresses to send
out emails to the appropriate package maintainers.

For techne (one of the dependent packages which I maintain) you bumped
the release from 0.2.3-2 to 0.2.3-3, which breaks upgrades to F-17 and
rawhide.
Is there a way to revert the change and make a 0.2.3-2.fc16.1 build?

Best regards,
Tadej Janež