another upgrade, another disaster

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 20:37:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Björn Persson
<bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se> wrote:
> Tomasz Torcz wrote:
>> You can write .iso image to USB key¹ and boot from it, you know.
>
> Even the installation DVD images? What I've heard is that that only works with
> the live CD images.

Indeed, even the DVD images.  I did this on last Friday.  That used to
not be the case, and it used to only work with the liveCD and boot.iso
images, but now DVD works as well.  It even uses the repo contained on
the key instead of just acting like netboot.iso.

It's as if someone somewhere is off making real beneficial progress.
Whoever you are, I salute you and your dogged determinedness to ignore
emails!

josh