Problem pairing mouse with F17

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 03:07:25 UTC 2012

On 06/04/2012 02:30 AM, Digimer wrote:

> I can confirm that selinux is disabled (as sestatus shows 'disabled').
> Any idea what I should next?

File a bug report against Gnome-Bluetooth you can try running this
"hciconfig hci0 sspmode 0" from the command line as root which was the
only way I manage to get my Samsung Galaxy S-II running Android ICS
4.0.3 to pair with my laptop which is running F17 with the latest 3.5 rc
kernel.

If the workaround works for you and you need to keep the change across
reboots you can create a simple type oneshot unit that does that for you.

Like...

# vim /etc/systemd/system/bluetooth-legacy-pairing.service

which contains

[Unit]
Description=Persistant Bluetooth Legacy Pairing Hack

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/sbin/hciconfig hci0 sspmode 0
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=graphical.target

JBG