[HEADS-UP] Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 4 13:40:35 UTC 2012

Am 04.06.2012 15:36, schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> On Fri, 2012-06-01 at 13:50 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>> Brian Wheeler wrote:
>>>
>>> How is this change a win?
>>
>> Unfortunately, due to Lennart's ignorance (we're all ignorant of
>> something), he will consider your e-mail "flame-bait" and not reply.
>
> Its not his ignorance - he's on vacation for the next two weeks...

that is not the point

his features are usually taken with no interest was the
userbase thinks - in case of /tmp on tmpfs i see no
prove what should be really faster, how much faster and
if this is measurable in typical workloads

* most users will not notice any improvement
* many users explained why it is a bad idea to change defaults
* users who think it is good for their worksload are donig it since years

so why are features causing global changes to the distribution
approved without careful condiseration and repeatly ignoring
the userbase?

you can not say 10.000 users which are not crying
out loud are automatically pro