3.5.0 kernel problem

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 4 17:54:14 UTC 2012

I'm using a Rawhide VirtualBox 4.1.16 guest set up to automatically install
guest additions via dkms for each new kernel. My problem is apparently caused by
failure of the guest additions to build properly with the 3.5.0 kernel. When it
attempts to build (either when I install a new 3.5.0 kernel, or boot into one)
it causes the corruption I mentioned. For the time being I've removed dkms in
the guest. The next version of VirtualBox will probably have a fix.

http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/pre-release-beta/475811-re-linux-kernel-3-5-rcx-has-been-released-test-post-your-commentshere-post2467176.html