Update ImageMagick in Fedora 16

Pavel Alexeev forum at hubbitus.com.ru
Tue Jun 5 10:05:13 UTC 2012

04.06.2012 22:26, Michael Schwendt написал:
> On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 19:36:29 +0400, Pavel Alexeev wrote:
>
>> Additionally have worth I try read carefully all docs about
>> provenpackager and such updates and have not found how deal with such
>> versions.
> It's not provenpackager specific stuff, but found in the basic packaging
> guidelines:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Using_the_.25.7B.3Fdist.7D_Tag
>
>> I had look in my packages and few others and found it was
>> updated many times in that way.
> Just read the page linked above. There is no strict requirement to
> apply this release versioning scheme for old branches. If newer branches
> would always win RPM Version Comparison because their %version field
> is _higher_, you can bump %release in older branches without risk.
>
>> In packages were was present subrelease
>> after %{?dist} - I increase it.
>> Should or must in next time I add it in any package even it does not
>> have it??
> As the guidelines say: "Be careful with this!"
Thank you very much Michael. It's helpful.
But what still is not clear to me - if it secure, may it be applied to
all packages on update in stable releases? Or instead I should check if
increasing release do not break version sequence in branches - do that.
And only if it false, introduce subrelease like %{?dist}.1?