another upgrade, another disaster

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 23:31:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 16:28 -0700, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 10:32:37PM +0200, Björn Persson wrote:
> > Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> > > You can write .iso image to USB key¹ and boot from it, you know.
> >
> > Even the installation DVD images? What I've heard is that that only works with
> > the live CD images.
>
> You can dd all of the iso's to USB or you can use livecd-iso-to-disk for
> a bit more control over things (despite its name it also works with the
> dvd iso).

The best documentation for this at present is
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_Live_USB - the
installation guide is a bit out of date (through no fault of the
authors, rather our fault in not notifying them of the various recent
improvements to the tools).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey