rawhide: libudev version bump, merged into systemd, libudev user need rebuild

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Wed Jun 6 16:29:08 UTC 2012

On 06/06/2012 07:25 AM, Michal Schmidt wrote:

>  We will split out a systemd-libs subpackage to be more multilib-friendly. That said, we are not aware of any specific issues with having both systemd.{x86_64,i686} installed.

As long as systemd.rpm has content that is platform-dependent, then
it is likely that there will be overlap in some files; in this
case, such as x86_64 and i686 versions of the same binary executable
file.  In theory the rpm feature of "executable flavors" should resolve
such an overlap (in favor of .x86_64 in this case), but this feature
relies on the "corresponding" .x86_64 and .i686 packages always having
the same n-v-r. The mirror system isn't that reliable [I see a sync
failure a few times per year], so the dreaded yum error "protected
multilib versions" likely will occur.