Update ImageMagick in Fedora 16

Pavel Alexeev forum at hubbitus.com.ru
Wed Jun 6 17:27:20 UTC 2012

06.06.2012 03:09, Tadej Janež написал:
> On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 13:55 +0400, Pavel Alexeev wrote:
>
>> I'll plan unpush that update and work on patching ImageMagick to handle
>> these issues locally. But I'm not security expert and can't guarantee
>> something except mentioned patch apply (contrary leave it on upstream
>> authors, as I was want do first).
> Even though this means a lot of your work has been waisted, I think it's
> the right decision to patch ImageMagick to fix the security issues
> instead of doing a large-scale update of Fedora 16.
I'm doubt... But I think it is not have worth start it dispute again.

> With regard to the packages that depend on ImageMagick that you already
> updated: will you revert those commits in git
I'm unsure I known how doing that correctly.
Does it enough do just:
git revert 56e05f..HEAD

or I must do something like:

|git reset 56e05f
git reset --soft HEAD@{1}
git commit -m "Revert to 56e05fced"
git reset --hard|

?
>   and delete the
> corresponding builds in koji?
Do you mean koji untag-pkg or something other? Could you please provide
link on such procedure description?