grive open source client for google drive

"J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 12:48:58 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 12:24 PM, drago01 wrote:
> You are not forced to use it though;)

No shit captain obvious =)

Not using it does not mean it's not doing something and potentially
leaking/gathering what ever info from your desktop and your desktop
activates to what ever "online"  server/account it communicates with.

For example if you configure empathy you *will* use it regardless if you
want it or not which makes one wonder how much of Gnome is truly
integrated with that stuff.

Fortunately pidgin exist and I use it =)

To give you an example of how much big pile of mess these online
accounts have come to be, now after my mobile phone upgrade to IOS 4.0.3
I have roughly 1000 contacts many which are duplicates contact
information of the same person since he potentially have multiple online
accounts ( fb,g+ etc ) so I'm having hard time actually finding a) the
right account b) sending him a freaking sms text message.

Heck I the other day I was chatting on g+ with John Dulaney he turned on
g+ video chat and instead of it going to my computer ( which I was
chatting to him through ) it went to my mobile phone instead wtf!  Well
the good news ( beside the point it went to the wrong device ) is that
g+ video chat works splendidly from the states to Iceland...

JBG