Update ImageMagick in Fedora 16

Pavel Alexeev forum at hubbitus.com.ru
Thu Jun 7 14:39:08 UTC 2012

07.06.2012 12:52, Tadej Janež написал:
> On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 21:27 +0400, Pavel Alexeev wrote:
>>> With regard to the packages that depend on ImageMagick that you already
>>> updated: will you revert those commits in git
>> I'm unsure I known how doing that correctly.
>> Does it enough do just:
>> git revert 56e05f..HEAD
>>
>> or I must do something like:
>> git reset 56e05f
>> git reset --soft HEAD@{1}
>> git commit -m "Revert to 56e05fced"
>> git reset --hard
> I'm not a git expert but I think you should use:
> - git reset --hard HEAD^
> - git push -f
> to completely nuke the last commit and never see it again.
>
> I tried doing that for my package (techne), however, it didn't work:
> $ git push -f
> Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: error: denying non-fast-forward refs/heads/f16 (you should pull
> first)
> To ssh://tadej@pkgs.fedoraproject.org/techne
> ! [remote rejected] f16 ->  f16 (non-fast-forward)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://tadej@pkgs.fedoraproject.org/techne'
>
> Am I doing something wrong here?
>
>>> and delete the
>>> corresponding builds in koji?
>> Do you mean koji untag-pkg or something other? Could you please
>> provide link on such procedure description?
> I couldn't find a procedure description for deleting unwanted builds in
> koji. Since this "purging issue" is clearly above our heads, the
> sensible thing would be to ask for help of those who have more
> experience handling these issues.
> Maybe file a ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/report for the
> Release Engineering team and ask them how to handle the issue.
Is it problem just unpush update and leave other tings as is? In case
you need build and update it in the future you just make such changes
(including clear changelog if you are willing) and again bump release.
Do you think there may be problems with it?
As we so speak there it shouldn't happened for most of packages in
stable branch at all.