System problems

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 17:25:57 UTC 2012

since the upgrade to 17, I've been experiencing system freezes on frequent
occasions when getting up from the computer. The term "frequent" used in
this context has a different meaning from "constantly"; there are many
moments when I can get up to accomplish other tasks, and come back to a
usable computer without rebooting, but there seem to be as many times when
coming back to a system that is using all the resources to complete some
task and not giving me access for at least 5 minutes. Most of the time I
end up rebooting after waiting for 5 minutes. This is a much different
experience from the experience up to F16. I may be operating under the
influences left by the kernel panics during the testing phase.