*countable infinities only

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jun 7 18:40:02 UTC 2012

Le Sam 2 juin 2012 14:10, Richard W.M. Jones a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:48:55PM -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
>> We are all, Microsoft included, headed for signature-HELL.
>>
>> This is going to gum up the entire x86 hardware ecosystem to such a
>> point and Microsoft will rue the day they ever dreamt up this
>> nonsense.
>
> This.
>
> Microsoft also forgets its own recent history.  Blindly trusting
> signed ActiveX controls, instead of confining web content.

Actually, it forgets flame was signed with its own certificates

Guess what will happen the day one of the MS key leaks and they will have to
choose between applying their own mechanism and not breaking all their
customers with legitimate deployments signed with the compromised key ?

PCs and servers (esp business side) are not game consoles with limited shelf
life with owners that blindly apply the latest firmware on release date

--
Nicolas Mailhot