Fedora ARM and SecureBoot

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Jun 7 19:34:13 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Przemek Klosowski <przemek.klosowski at nist.gov> said:
> What is Fedora ARM planning to do about the upcoming Microsoft hardware
> certification spec requiring Secure Boot? By the spec, there must be a
> way to disable it on x86, but on ARM they expressly prohibit turning it
> off. I guess the current Fedora/RedHat stance, as explained by Matthew
> Garrett, is to obtain a MS certificate covering x86 and presumably ARM
> kernels from Fedora

No, if you read what was said, they are specifically _not_ going to
cover ARM, because that would be attempting to put Fedora on a platform
that would not allow custom kernel and such.  Don't support the locked
down platform; the answer to "Fedora on ARM" is "don't buy a Win8 ARM
system and expect to run Fedora".

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>