Fedora ARM and SecureBoot

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Jun 7 20:16:10 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> said:
> If there are ARM machines where UEFI and Secure Boot are available,
> we're going to have tools to do your own trust database management
> anyway, so why would supporting them be any different from doing the
> same on x86?

For Windows 8 certification on ARM, Microsoft is going to require UEFI
with Secure Boot enabled _and_ no method for users to disable Secure
Boot or enroll their own keys (the opposite of x86 where they require a
disable method and custom key enrollment support).

Right now, Win8/ARM is a market of zero, but there will be hardware
coming.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>