Fedora ARM and SecureBoot

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 21:28:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:30 PM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 21:12 +0200, drago01 wrote:
>>>
>>> That's incorrect. The plan is to support secure boot only on x86.
>>
>> What gives you that impression?
>
> Matthew's blog.
>
>>  Why would we _not_ support secure boot
>> on arm?
>
> I think we should do that. (support in on ARM as well).

Well at the moment there's no even support for uEFI on ARM linux so at
the moment it's putting the cart before the horse. It is being worked
upon and it's certainly in the pipeline but at the moment it's not
there so it's a mute point really, in the future it's possible it will
be supportable but it's a long way out which ever way you look at it.
Let's get decent Fedora support for the rest of the currently readily
available devices and the 100s more that will come out between now and
when uEFI on ARM becomes a reality.

Peter