PDF printing woes

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 10:28:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 21:32 +0800, P J P wrote:
> I'm facing a weird printing problem with cups-1.5.2 on F16. I can
> print a document from the browser; But when i try to print a PDF
> document, it prompts me for the cups server password. I've tried with
> epdfviewer and Adobe Reader both halt at the same point.

This looks like a problem in the print dialog for the application you
are using to print.

I gather you have set 'ServerName' in /etc/cups/client.conf (or
~/.cups/client.conf) to cups.xxxxx.com, and that the server policy on
that machine requires authentication for at least one of the steps
required for printing a job.

Does printing from the command line (using lp) work?  Does it ask for a
password?

Tim.
*/