Fedora ARM and SecureBoot

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Jun 8 14:33:41 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012 10:11 AM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net> said:
>> And I expect this idea of preventing other OS's from being installed on Win8 ARM hardware will not fly in the EU.  It's
>> anti-competitive.
> You mean they don't have iPads and Android tablets in the EU?

They do.  And there are certainly anti-competitive claims that can be made related to certain ARM platforms.

And now Samsung on latest devices has made it almost dead simple to unlock the bootloader.  They can see the handwriting
on the wall.

And I expect we'll see all these bootloaders unlocked in the near future.

.