Fedora ARM and SecureBoot

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Sat Jun 9 00:51:10 UTC 2012

On Saturday, 9 בJune 2012 00:47:30 Richard Vickery wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Oron Peled <oron at actcom.co.il> wrote:

> > far
> > >
> > > There is a tidal wave of these PC ARM devices coming:
> > >
> > > http://www.itworld.com/hardware/240039/qualcomm-targets-pcs-takes-aim-
> > intels-ultrabooks
> >
> > Hmmm... we've seen this "Windows-on-non-x86" movie twice before:
> >  - Remember Alpha's? Digital (RIP) really thought MS would give them the
> >   keys to the kingdom. There was a released version. It was good enough
> >   to frighten Intel at the time (which was probably the reason MS did
> >   it). Linux sold manyfolds more Alpha's than Windows.
> >
> >  - Ahhh, and of course MS found new suckers who bought the same
> >   used story few years later (yes, I'm talking about Windows/PPC
> >   that lived a very short life).
> >
> > So far, MS failed misserably in the cellular space so there's a good
> > chance their exclusionary move on ARM will only help convince vendors
> > that shipping Androids (and by extension other Linuces) is safer bet.
>
> I heard (a rumor?)  that MS has 100,000 phones in the public. Granted, it's
> not much, but it might be a start.

If your numbers are correct it means some MS employees and family
members were deprived of the right to carry MS phones and still
have to use IOS or (shock, horror, awe) Android phones... ;-)

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron