(Re-)orphaning raptor (1)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jun 10 12:48:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

I had picked up raptor 5 days ago:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-June/168261.html
but then I realized that this is raptor version 1, whereas Redland (and thus
Soprano and thus Nepomuk and thus KDE) have already moved on to raptor2 since
Fedora 16:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-June/168262.html
The packages ardour, liblrdf and sonic-visualiser have also switched to
raptor2, and liblicense has been dropped, leaving only flickcurl and
(lib)rawstudio to depend on the old raptor 1. This means my personal interest
in raptor 1 is basically zero.

In addition, it looks like raptor 1 has at least 2 open security issues:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-June/168285.html
so it would take some actual time investment for me to maintain, which, given
my aforementioned lack of interest in the legacy version of raptor, I would
rather leave somebody else to worry about.

Therefore, I have rereleased ownership of raptor. Maintainer(s) of flickurl and
rawstudio (CCed), please either pick up raptor, or port your package(s) to
raptor2, or both.

        Kevin Kofler