*countable infinities only

Scott Schmit i.grok at comcast.net
Mon Jun 11 13:11:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 02:45:21PM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 06/09/2012 04:25 PM, drago01 wrote:

> >>Except it won't be that hard.
> >
> >For people like you.
>
> Excuse me, but "people like him" used to be our (Fedora's) target
> audience. Have a read at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base

> For voluntary Linux consumers who are computer-friendly and likely
> collaborators to the project, a mere BIOS change *is* trivial. If
> they are not able to do even that, which level of contributions to
> you expect back?

Take another look at how that page defines "computer-friendly."  It's
not a very high bar.  "Computer-friendly" is defined as  a user that can
download our distribution and install it, as long as we can give *clear
instructions* on how to do so, without requiring them to troubleshoot
problems or figure out how secure boot works.

Right now, we're missing the "clear instructions" part.

I'm not sure I understand this argument anyway.  You do realize that
"turn it off before you install" is the same as "turn it off before you
install a modified kernel," right?  Except that you aren't forced to do
so just to use Linux at all?

--
Scott Schmit