*countable infinities only

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:22:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
>> Of course we are missing that part *now*, there is no motherboard with UEFI
>> and Secure Boot in the wild so we can take screenshots and publish them.
>> Once such board will be released, plenty of instructions and tutorials will
>> follow, to make it work not only with Linux, but also with older versions of
>> Windows.
>
> My understanding is that the folks working on secureboot are too busy
> building cryptographically signed boot-loaders that will inhibit users
> from changing their kernels to take pictures and work on instructions.
>  But I could be mistaken.

And indeed you are!  Peter Jones has said multiple times in this rather
long thread that he already intends on writing up documentation.

I'm sure he, and the others working on Secure Boot, would appreciate
help with that though.  When machines start shipping with this enabled
it's going to take a distributed effort to catalog all of the various
ways the implementations offer to disable SB.

josh