*countable infinities only

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Tue Jun 12 13:00:51 UTC 2012

On 06/12/2012 06:15 AM, drago01 wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Nicu Buculei<nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>  wrote:

>>> We do have a mission as well:
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview#Our_Mission
>>>
>>> "The Fedora Project consistently seeks to create, improve, and spread
>>> free/libre code and content. "
>>
>> And Bingo! the mission is all about freedom.
> I didn't deny that.
>
>>> Which you don't do by excluding users ... sure we want to gain new
>>> contributors but that does not mean that we should exclude other
>>> users.
>>
>> Not if it affects our freedom, is a problem of freedom versus convenience.
> No because secure boot does not limit your freedom in *any* way. If
> you want to hack on the kernel or other low level stuff flip a switch
> in the firmware.
> It is reasonable to expect this type of users to be able to do that.
>
>> If spreading to some users means losing some freedom, then I think that is
>> against the mission.
> We are not loosing any freedom we are implementing a technology that
> makes fedora work out of the box on newer hardware.
This is MS classic ploy against free software embrace and extend. First it will be it can be disabled then for
windows 9 if you want to have approved hardware MS will require, like ARM, x86 secure boot can not be disabled
and they will point to Fedora and say see it is not necessary that we need to be able to turn off secure boot, free
software like Fedora works just fine with it enabled.

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*
Email: steve.clark at netwolves.com