*countable infinities only

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 16:25:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 10:17 -0400, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> > Of course we are missing that part *now*, there is no motherboard with UEFI
> > and Secure Boot in the wild so we can take screenshots and publish them.
> > Once such board will be released, plenty of instructions and tutorials will
> > follow, to make it work not only with Linux, but also with older versions of
> > Windows.
>
> My understanding is that the folks working on secureboot are too busy
> building cryptographically signed boot-loaders that will inhibit users
> from changing their kernels to take pictures and work on instructions.
>  But I could be mistaken.

You are, and that was being very un-excellent, so please refrain from it
in future.

In fact, mjg for one has already explicitly stated that instructions
would be a good thing, but it's not possible to work on them now because
there are no production firmwares available yet so we don't know what
the interfaces will look like. The intended-for-developers prototype
interfaces people like mjg are currently working with look very
different to how the eventual consumer interfaces will look.

It is never a good idea to assume malice where you can't prove it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey