redhat-rpm-config and rpm-build

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:50:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Paul Wouters <pwouters at redhat.com> wrote:

> I was building a package and not getting any debuginfo packages, and
> luckily rdieter was around to tell me (again) that I was missing the
> redhat-rpm-config package.
>
> Why is redhat-rpm-config not a dependancy dragged in by rpm-build?

I imagine because rpmbuild is in fact useful for building packages
other than for Fedora. If i recall correctly the recommended way to
install everything needed is "yum install fedora-packager" which pulls
in everything needed for Fedora related packaging including
redhat-rpm-config.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...