Important kernel update should not break stuff

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jun 13 12:53:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 14:49:25 +0200,
   Nikola Pajkovsky <npajkovs at redhat.com> wrote:

>imo, kernel maintainers should have released 3.3.8 or 3.4.1, not 3.4.0
>for f17

3.4.2 is available, though the last I checked the build hadn't been pushed
to testing. I don't know if that is an oversight or if they didn't feel
the kernel was suitable for releasing.

The 3.4 kernels were being tested in rawhide before it was released to
f17 and at least of us weren't seeing any regressions with them. So there
was reason to believe they would work for people without problems.