redhat-rpm-config and rpm-build (fwd)

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Jun 15 00:00:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012, John5342 wrote:

> In my opinion they are in order. From what you said rpm-build did
> exactly what it was supposed to according to upstream. By then adding
> our Fedora/Redhat specific configuration it does what _Fedora_ wants.

But the fedora rpm-build should work for fedora. We don't exlude
Fedora features for other packaging strategies? We don't add Suse
defines in our packages either.

yum install rpm-build should install an rpmbuild version that works as expected
for fedora. Currently, it does not because it is missing the
dependancy on redhat-rpm-config.

Paul