Need some ocaml help: coq rebuild failing

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 23:09:17 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Jerry James <loganjerry at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having a problem with building the coq package for the new OCaml
> 4.00.0, and I'm at my wits' end.  There were some bad interactions
> between the new OCaml, camlp5, and coq which I think I have
> successfully worked around.  (It isn't pretty, but it seems to do the
> job.)  But now, after the tools are built, the documentation building
> step is failing due to seemingly random segfaults in the coqdoc tool.

I patched a few more things in the coq build process for OCaml 4 today
and got builds that went all the way to completion in my 64-bit and
32-bit Fedora Rawhide VMs.  I rejoiced and kicked off a koji build,
which failed with a segfault in coqdoc during the 32-bit build again:

The apparently random pattern of segfaults makes me suspect that the
garbage collector is involved somehow.  Has anybody had experience
with a relatively long-running OCaml 4 program (one that would go
through multiple rounds of collecting garbage)?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/