*countable infinities only

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Jun 16 23:14:40 UTC 2012

On Jun 16, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Richard Vickery wrote:

> Why do we need to bring Microsoft into this, much less listen to, or communicate with them? Forget about them.

Ahh, the Ostrich Maneuver.

Had this been the policy of others working on this issue, Microsoft would not have updated their Windows 8 certification to require the user be able to disable Secure Boot. And then we'd all be in a significantly worse position. So congratulations on locating a really hideously bad idea, one that actually supports the original Microsoft position.

> Our "fight" may be with them, but if we let them continue on their merry way, they will most certainly fail.

Fortunately people making informed decisions aren't so passive aggressive. Waiting for shit to hit the fan, and then using sprayed feces over everyone as justification for more shit flinging is about as stupid an idea as I've read in this thread. Yeah, great idea. Let's get pissy, but do nothing, wait for a net worse policy to develop that affects everyone, and then do nothing but get pissed off, bitch, and whine about it.

> What we need to do is let the broader public know that there are better options available

Please provide an example of a better option, with sufficient detail as to constitute a successful relay of the baton.

The point of the thread from the outset was to explore alternatives, but so far those alternatives are vaporware.

Chris Murphy