Schedule for Monday's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sun Jun 17 20:19:15 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 09:01:11PM +0200, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 08:40:31PM +0200, drago01 wrote:
>
> > Yeah but those where examples not the sole reason why reboots are required.
> >  It is not like if we didn't switch to systemd this problem wouldn't
> > exist. (which was my point re "blaming").
>
> Do we realy need a complete reboot of the system? I think stopping and starting
> of all daemons are enough to solve the issues discussed in this thread.

  You are free to propose reliable way of determining which application to restart.
Including those affected by dbus interface changes, application data changes
(like Firefox' javascripts) etc. etc.

> In this case we may save outage time, because we don't have waste time
> for the BIOS POST, loading the bootloader and the kernel.

  If you want to skip BIOS POST, use kexec.

--
Tomasz Torcz       ,,(...) today's high-end is tomorrow's embedded processor.''
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl                      -- Mitchell Blank on LKML